Thursday, April 17, 2014

Tommy Bahama Not Just for Your Mama

Want to get a linen shirt that keeps you cool in more ways than one? Maybe you want a bikini that's oh so teeny weeny. You can get that and a whole lot more at Tommy Bahama in Laguna Beach and their other locations all over the world, but you can also fill your belly with delicious grub and cocktails. We stopped in the other night, because why else? I had a coupon! If you know me at all, you know that I'm a HUGE bargain shopper! I don't try places or products I'm not interested in just because I'm saving money, but if it's something I WANT to try, you'd better believe a good deal is going to get me through the door. Spend $100, get $50 off?!? Fabuloso! I'm there! So, when you're saving some money, why not go big? (Insert "Go big or go home" here, if you must.) Of course, it didn't hurt that we both came with an empty stomach. Bring it on. Starter salad? Done. We'd be idiots not to try the wedge. The usual - iceberg lettuce, bacon and bleu cheese with tomato, red onion and a sweet onion vinaigrette drizzle on the side for those of you, who don't like everything on it. It was gooooooooooood! It was also cool of them to separate it into two plates without us even asking. Of course, we had to order the grilled french baguette, because I'm the carb queen. Sorry, waistline! Next up, OH... MY... GOD!!! Coconut shrimp appetizer!!! I now know first-hand why they call it WORLD FAMOUS coconut shrimp. I've had plenty of coconut shrimp in my day, but THIS is scrum-diddly-umptious. Yes, that's a word! You'll find it in the Lynda Halligan Dictionary available at your local mom and pop book store. Now, on to the main course. While I may be the carb queen, I'm also a serious carnivore! Where's the beef??? On my plate! We ordered the filet mignon with maytag bleu butter, crispy onions, whipped chive potatoes and black pepper demi-glaze. Whaaaaaattttt??? Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! Oh, it came with broccolini too. I've liked broccoli since I was a kid (back then, did broccolini even exist?), but for people who don't really like the green stuff (kids, I'm talking to you), THIS may change your mind. After we stuffed our faces, we had no room for dessert, but we DID complement our fine meal with a lovely bottle of Tempranillo (TEM-pruh-NEE-oh) - a red wine from Spain, which I love. Did I mention how friendly the hostess and server were? Just fab. OK, I have to go now. I'm literally salivating thinking about dinner. Thanks, Tommy Bahama! I'll be back soon. Hope to see you there - 400 S. Coast Highway in Laguna Beach.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lynda,

    Thank you for writing a post about us! We are so happy that you enjoyed your time at the restaurant and we hope to see you again soon.

    Best,
    Alex
    Tommy Bahama Marketing Outreach
    http://www.tommybahama.com

    ReplyDelete