1940s – William “Bill” Bryant purchases an 87-acre site within Aliso Canyon and begins the construction of the golf course.
1950 – The 9-hole golf course is established as "Laguna Beach Country Club."
1956 – Ben and Violet Brown purchase the golf course and make plans for a destination resort.
1963 – The "Laguna Beach Country Club and Village" is introduced.
1967 – Ben Brown's Restaurant and a new Golf Shop open.
1970 – The property is renamed "Ben Brown's Motel & Golf Course."
1978 – The name changes to Aliso Creek Inn & Golf Course.
2003 – The inn is purchased by Aliso Creek Properties, retaining its former name.
2013-14 – The Ranch at Laguna Beach arrives.